Information We Collect and How We Use It:
- Information you provide
When you engage us to provide insurance services, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). If you decide to request an insurance quote through Richard E Smith, we will also request certain personal information (such as your birth date and account information), which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Customer Communications
When you send an email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Providing our insurance services to users
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may “opt-out”—or say no to—having your information shared by calling 239.963.4712 or contacting me through my contact page. I will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices unless I have obtained your prior consent.
If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
Richard E Smith only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances::
- I have your consent. I require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- I have a Good Faith Belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Richard E Smith, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
I may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example. Such information does not identify you.
I take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where I store personal data.
I restrict access to personal information to my employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
I process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. I review my data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that I only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve my services. I take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information I process is accurate, complete, and current, but I depend on my users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.